Our Year 9 course offers a relatively broad curriculum, keeping doors open for future specialisation in Year 10 and 11.
Year 9 students are taught in the College’s science laboratories by subject specialists. Most other lessons are taught in a Year 9 “base” classroom in Nazareth House. Students develop their skills of presentation and research. They also have opportunities to lead and contribute to the discussion, to take individual responsibility for their learning and to develop good personal organisation. The Bosworth aim is to develop confident, independent learners who realise their full potential. Students will also have weekly sport and PHSEE lessons to meet National Curriculum requirements.
- Suitable for students 13+ years old
- Require IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
- Introduce some key GCSE content
- Students take 12 core subjects
- Instils good study habits
- Students engage in weekly Personal Tutor sessions
- Progression route: GCSE
- Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Spanish or French or EFL
- Humanities (History and Geography)
- Business Studies
- Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology)
- PE lessons